Savour, Adams Morgan in the old Felix Lounge Space - Closed

On Friday night my husband and I wanted to go back to DC & see some friends for dinner (we just moved from DC to NoVa). Given that it was cold, last-minute and my friend who lives in Adams Morgan and has a baby was joining us too, I wanted to try and find a place in Adams Morgan where we could get a table for 6 on a Friday night, have really good food for reasonable prices & hear each other talk. Their website says "Come experience affordable fine dining in a casual atmosphere". Well I'm happy to say THEY ARE RIGHT!!! :)

We hadn't heard of Savour and OpenTable listed it as "American, Caribbean & Vegetarian", but once we were there, it also claims to have Asian influences too. We'd seen it walking by in Adams Morgan, but given the decor, it seemed pricier than it actually is. Given that my friend with the baby is a vegetarian, I also figured she would be pleased to find more than just a pasta or veggie plate available to her. They also have Vegan offerings.

When we first walked in, we were drooling over how the steaks and the other dishes we saw going by looked. We were greeted & seated promptly & never had empty water glasses.

All of the food was REALLY, REALLY GOOD, the service was REALLY GOOD and the prices were PRETTY GOOD too, especially considering the area & the quality of the food.

- Spicy Lobster & Crab Fondue was PERFECT. Smoked Gouda, Fontina & Parmesan cheeses. Creamy, gooey & just spicy enough with noticeable chunks of lobster & crab. $8

- Plantain Crusted Diver Scallops were tender and REALLY yummy. $19

- Curry Crusted Ahi Tuna BLT sandwich with Avocado was VERY FLAVORFUL and a generous satisfying portion at $12. Perfect for lunch or dinner.

- Sweet Potato Fries were PERFECTLY CRISPY (very hard to find in the DC metro area as observed and apparently been reported to my non-foodie friend by a chef). He raved so much that we all had to try them and ALL agreed these were FANTASTIC.

- Portabella sliders were DE-LI-CIOUS (w/melted smoked Gouda & red onion marmalade), even the carnivores in the group said they would order that next time. The sweet potato fries only come with the portabella sliders or chicken sandwich, but they were so good I had to give them their own honorable mention. $9 B)

The staff was very friendly and engaging (OK with us). They were all quite taken and very playful with the baby. Even the chef, who happened to come out, stopped by & played with the baby for a while.

We were also very pleased with the low noise level, especially considering that they are adjoined to the Sutra Lounge next door (old Felix Lounge), but you'd never know it because you couldn't hear the jamming club music next door. This is a nice place to catch up and actually have a conversation over dinner.

Like I said, it was a really nice surprise that the PRICES were PRETTY GOOD considering what you get and compared to other places with just so-so food, especially in the Adams Morgan/Dupont Circle area. We'll definitely all be going back often & are telling all of our friends about it. :D

See menu http://www.sutraloungedc.net/www.sutraloungeadamsmorgan.com/Savour_Restaurant.html

I forgot to add that ALL of their desserts are made in-house. YUM :D