Morel Mushrooms

monavano

I was disappointed to not find morels at the markets this weekend, so was wondering if anyone has seen them in the Alexandria region. Whole Paycheck? Balducci's?, Weggies?Thanks!

The only place I have seen them is on offer from the mushroom lady at the Courthouse market (I know, not Alexandria, but neither is Weggies).

The only place I have seen them is on offer from the mushroom lady at the Courthouse market (I know, not Alexandria, but neither is Weggies).

But...is the mushroom lady allowed to sell the (Washington state) morels at Courthouse? Dupont banned them. Did you see them on Sat? I was tempted to take a ride up there from Del Ray when I didn't see them...

But...is the mushroom lady allowed to sell the (Washington state) morels at Courthouse? Dupont banned them. Did you see them on Sat? I was tempted to take a ride up there from Del Ray when I didn't see them...

I believe that the Courthouse market is less restrictive. She did have morels there 2 weeks ago. I think they were something like $20-22 a box.

I believe that the Courthouse market is less restrictive. She did have morels there 2 weeks ago. I think they were something like $20-22 a box.

Ouch, steep, but I need to make my chicken and morels dish something fierce! I'll check out Courthouse next Sat. Thanks.

Ouch, steep, but I need to make my chicken and morels dish something fierce! I'll check out Courthouse next Sat. Thanks.

She didn't have them this past Saturday. If you are really desperate, I'd forage around here for your own if you have the time. Found some two weeks ago, and know someone who found some last weekend.