Bottle Battle - Monday, July 25

dbortnick

Chef Danny Bortnick of Firefly will partner with Chefs Kyle Bailey and Tiffany MacIsaac of Birch & Barley to prepare a five-course fundraising dinner benefiting the Susan G Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure™, which Bortnick and his wife will participate in this fall. Chefs Bailey and Bortnick will prepare two courses each, encompassing cuisine which both of their neighborhood restaurants honor: American comfort food with a modern twist. Award winning pastry chef, Tiffany MacIassac will prepare fare for a sweet ending. As well, you will be welcomed with champagne and seasonal bites.

This however will not be your ordinary multi-course tasting menu. With a special appearance from San Francisco, Kimpton Restaurants’ Master Sommelier, Emily Wines, will select her perfect varietal for each course, while Neighborhood Restaurant Group’s Greg Engert will pick his favorite beer pairing. In a true test of what pairs best, two of the industry’s most notable beverage experts will go head to head in a “bottle battle” of beer vs. wine. Guests will enjoy five dually paired courses before “electing” their favorite: beer or wine. A lively discussion of each pairing will be detailed by both competitors. In the end, votes will be tallied and either Engert or Wines will be crowned as winner. A silent auction will also be held, including hotel stays, restaurant gift certificates, wine and jewelry.

Cost is $150 per person, all inclusive.

bottlebattle.eventbrite.com for more information

Chef Danny Bortnick of Firefly will partner with Chefs Kyle Bailey and Tiffany MacIsaac of Birch & Barley ...

Not intentionally written in the third person, I just simply copied and pasted from our event page. Anyways, this night is going to be a lot of fun and I figured this was the best forum to drum up some interest. Hope to see some DR peeps there.

Not intentionally written in the third person, I just simply copied and pasted from our event page. Anyways, this night is going to be a lot of fun and I figured this was the best forum to drum up some interest. Hope to see some DR peeps there.

This is a riff on BattleBots?

This is a fabulous idea - what fun!

AND...

When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles

and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...

...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle

bottle paddle battle.

AND...

Now wait a minute, Mr. Socks Fox!

(h/t the great Theodore Geisel)

AND...

When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles

and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...

...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle

bottle paddle battle.

AND...

Now wait a minute, Mr. Socks Fox!

(h/t the great Theodore Geisel)

I just had a seizure.