Sunday Brunch

fuzzy510

I feel somewhat ridiculous posting for something this general, but there seems to not be a ton of brunch discussion around these parts, and I've been out for brunch maybe twice in the last two or three years.

Anyways, looking for a brunch option for this Sunday; time is flexible so long as it's still morning to early afternoon. Nothing terribly extravagent, preferably not a buffet, and preferably Metro-accessible. I've got a shellfish allergy in my group, so something that doesn't lean too much on shellfish would be helpful.

Also, not Birch and Barley (my first choice, no reservations available) or Matchbox (for reasons obvious to a couple people here).

Thanks in advance!

I'll be brunching this Sunday at Bistro Français in Georgetown, which is a do-able hike from the Foggy Bottom metro station--probably about a fifteen-minute walk. I've been having brunch there four or five times a year for years. They do a "champagne" brunch from 11 to 4, which is a salad or soup, an entree from a very short list, and all the cheap French sparkling wine you care to drink. You can see the short menu here. I always get one of the egg dishes, which are always good, while my regular brunch companions always get the roast chicken, which they like a lot. The french fries are almost always excellent. (Even though the menu doesn't show this, all of the entrees come with french fries except the lamb stew and maybe the trout.) If nothing on the brunch menu interests you, you can order from their extensive lunch menu, but you have to pay for wine separately of course. I think the price tag for the brunch is currently $24.95. The service there used to be really spotty, but in recent years it has gotten much smoother, at least for the weekend brunch (it's offered Saturdays as well).