"The Plot to Destroy America's Beer" - An Exposé on AB InBev

I kind of feel like it's a misleading title - it's not really a "plot", per se. It's just that we have one huge corporation sitting on top so many beers, and while the CEO isn't saying "I want to make all beers shitty" it's really "he's making decisions that markedly affect the quality of the beers". If you don't drink InBev/AB beers, you get around that...and one would think, by their declining sales despite rampant buying, that it'd open up the market to better smaller-market beers.

I feel bad about the ones they've bought - I've argued vehemently that Old Dominion has gone downhill since the buyout, while at the same time being happy to see Starr Hill get more distribution. That all being said, I think his short-term cost savings measures will impact their bottom line over the long run, and I'll keep trying to drink as much of the local stuff (and, admittedly, my Miller shit beers of choice).

So, not really a plot, just mismanagement by a giant. Kind of like the South Park 9/11 episode. :D

Its going to be interesting to see how the purchase of Goose Island shakes out. On one hand the year round lineup will surely decline as production is moved to "beer factories", but on the other hand, there will be more capacity to make more of the isoteric and seasonal brews. More room for barrell aging means more BCBS and more variants of it, and more sour beer. The world cannot have enough sour beer!