Anna Blume

Okay, I love making a variation on Lulu's simple, thin lentil soup w lots of garlic and croutons, aged a day. Italian version with chesnuts and pancetta, yum. Deborah Madision's lentil minestrone is a delicious change, though I wish I could find a new source for the tiny pasta stars that made it special. Whenever I am cold and need only a little something to tide me over, a cup of curried lentil soup from Teaism is just the thing.

In the mood for something new, I am asking you all for suggestions. It has to be vegetarian. No mushrooms, no wine; kid-friendly. I have Le Puy, Beluga and a handful of little brown Spanish lentils. Shallots, leeks, garlic, onions, parsley, carrots, sweet potatoes, Parmesan rind, celery dot dot . Plan is to spoon leaves of baby spinach in when serving.

Okay, I love making a variation on Lulu's simple, thin lentil soup w lots of garlic and croutons, aged a day. Italian version with chesnuts and pancetta, yum. Deborah Madision's lentil minestrone is a delicious change, though I wish I could find a new source for the tiny pasta stars that made it special. Whenever I am cold and need only a little something to tide me over, a cup of curried lentil soup from Teaism is just the thing.

In the mood for something new, I am asking you all for suggestions. It has to be vegetarian. No mushrooms, no wine; kid-friendly. I have Le Puy, Beluga and a handful of little brown Spanish lentils. Shallots, leeks, garlic, onions, parsley, carrots, sweet potatoes, Parmesan rind, celery dot dot . Plan is to spoon leaves of baby spinach in when serving.

Stellette pasta in soup makes me feel like a kid eating alphabet soup :) Italian Store sells De Cecco Stellette. For lentil soup, I prefer Tubetti.

Deborah Madison offers a lentil soup that utilizes tomato paste, Dijon mustard, bay leaves and sherry or red wine vinegar (in addition to the usual mirepoix).

I love using diced fennel instead of celery... my go-to is:

• Lentils de Puy, onion, carrots, fennel, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme (full stems), a dash of curry, tomato paste
  • Blend half once done and mix together
  • For carnivores, I finish with sliced sausage
  • For non-meat, I top with a poached or fried egg
  • For both, finish with red wine vinegar and a sprinkle of fried shallots

You have me craving a bowl right now! :)