Where Didn't I Brunch? A Guessing Game, but I Don't Know the Answer

The Hersch

I got email from CityEats yesterday, touting their featured restaurants that serve brunch. It led with this photograph:

eggsflorentine_zpsf849f2b2.jpg

But no hint as to which restaurant offers this dish. I want to eat it. Of course, it could be a stock photo linked to no particular restaurant. It's similar to a dish I had at Blue Duck Tavern a few weeks ago, but that featured sauce choron rather than the plain hollandaise that this photo appears to depict. Does anyone recognize this plate of food?

Could it conceivably be Le Grenier? They have an eggs benedict florentine. That's got bacon rather than Canadian bacon, though...This is their City Eats menu.

ETA: It doesn't show up on their City Eats menu, but this menu site shows Vinoteca with an eggs florentine and hollandaise. It doesn't mention bacon, though. Since the photo is called "eggs florentine" that might be a better match than a benedict florentine.

Could it conceivably be Le Grenier? They have an eggs benedict florentine. That's got bacon rather than Canadian bacon, though...This is their City Eats menu.

ETA: It doesn't show up on their City Eats menu, but this menu site shows Vinoteca with an eggs florentine and hollandaise. It doesn't mention bacon, though. Since the photo is called "eggs florentine" that might be a better match than a benedict florentine.

The dish I had at BDT was listed as "Eggs Florentine", and the menu listed "pork belly" among the ingredients, which seemed in the event to be the baconized form of pork belly, so it was really very like this picture, except with pink sauce (choron is basically béarnaise minus the herbs and plus tomato puree). It was delicious, by the way.

I wouldn't have thought that a Google image search for "le grenier dc eggs florentine" would have turned up a picture of the Sydney Opera House, but so it did.

• Like 1