Nutrition Action Newsletter

Heather

These are the "HEART ATTACK ON A PLATE!!!!1!" people. My in-laws buy us a subscription every year. I keep crossing my fingers hoping that this is the year they forget but noooooo...every month this paper buzzkill arrives warning of the dangers of eating seemingly everything but wheatgrass, raw broccoli, and tofu. The worst feature by far is the <shudder> recipe page.

God I hate them.

These are the "HEART ATTACK ON A PLATE!!!!1!" people. My in-laws buy us a subscription every year. I keep crossing my fingers hoping that this is the year they forget but noooooo...every month this paper buzzkill arrives warning of the dangers of eating seemingly everything but wheatgrass, raw broccoli, and tofu. The worst feature by far is the <shudder> recipe page.

God I hate them.

So just stop opening them, donate them to the paper recycling project or those nice vegans down the street or find a recipe for acid bleached pulp products... :)

Um, I actually subscribe to this publication and reference it quite a bit. I have never tried any of the recipes, but like their recommendations for things like crackers, bread, and pasta sauce.

I still only eat what I think tastes good, but if I can pick something that tastes good and that is better for me, I’m all for it…

Um, I actually subscribe to this publication and reference it quite a bit. I have never tried any of the recipes, but like their recommendations for things like crackers, bread, and pasta sauce.

I still only eat what I think tastes good, but if I can pick something that tastes good and that is better for me, I’m all for it…

I agree. I've been getting this newsletter for years. Making broad pronouncements "Heart attack on a plate!" is how they get media attention, but most of their studies are far less strident. And I do like their product reviews and razzie awards for poor packaging. And they are one of the few voices that lobbies for clear nutrition labels and food safety, and calls out companies with deceptive food health advertising.

God I hate them.

My in-laws get it and offered it to us but we managed to decline; probably with insufficent grace....