Appreciation for Jacqueline Rodier

DonRocks

I am going to miss Jacqueline, we had a mutual friend and I was blessed with being able to dine with her a number of times. She was not only a beautiful woman, but carried herself with elegance and grace that are so very rare today. She was one of the reasons I have always looked forward to attending Chaine des Rotisseurs events. She was a fixture in the local chapter, and the coming event at Kolumbia is not going to be the same without her. The last time I saw her was at the Georgetown Club, where I sat with her and dear friend Henry to enjoy a cigar, I knew then that something was wrong, as she was sipping water (not her normal drink of choice). One of my culinary regrets was never being able to sample one of her restaurants.

PH2006111800929_LTMB.jpg

Jacqueline was an incandescent woman of substance and style, and one of the pioneers of DC’s culinary birth back in the day. She was beautiful, charming and passionate about life and her work, and had the ability to make everyone feel special, even an impoverished, underdressed law student on a beer budget who didn’t know the difference between a plate of charcuterie and a carburetor. May her memory be a blessing.