Sign in to follow this  
DonRocks

The Single Greatest Slide I Have Ever Seen In My Life, Courtesy Of Mike Trout

I've seen a few great slides, and a few funny ones, but the one by Mike Trout is simply another reason to sit back and enjoy one of the great baseball talents of the post WWII era. I can't imagine how good he'll be in 5-10 years. He's simply amazing, and all the more so because the Angels drafted him WITH THE 25TH PICK of the 2009 draft.

On 5/24/2015 at 10:47 AM, Kibbee Nayee said:

I've seen a few great slides, and a few funny ones, but the one by Mike Trout is simply another reason to sit back and enjoy one of the great baseball talents of the post WWII era. I can't imagine how good he'll be in 5-10 years. He's simply amazing, and all the more so because the Angels drafted him WITH THE 25TH PICK of the 2009 draft.

You know, I don't think Trout makes that slide in 5-10 years - he might be "better," but he'll be different, so I say: Enjoy what you see right now.

He *knew* he was safe, and when you see the 3rd baseman turn around to throw the ball back to the pitcher, you can tell that he knew, too - he looked like he was going to throw up.

• Like 1