DaRiv18

I recently picked up the DVDs (including the incredible Dead Dog Records arc on iOffer) of my favorite TV series of my youth, and am amazed of how well it has held up.  Ken Wahl was the eye candy of the series, but flanked by an incredible Jonathan Banks throughout the series and featuring some amazing actors thru the series:

Sonny Steelgrave arc:  Ray Sharkey, Eric Christmas, Annette Bening, plus the songs "Good Lovin'" and "Nights in White Satin" featured in the finale when first aired

Mel Profitt arc (the first incestuous brother/sister relationship I recall on TV, now a fairly hackneyed conceit):  William Russ, Kevin Spacey, Joan Severance (who "awakened" me as a teenage boy)

White Supremacy arc:  Fred Thompson, Paul Guifoyle

Garment Trade arc:  Jerry Lewis, Ron Silver, Stanley Tucci, Joan Chen

Dead Dog Records arc (amazing, and not commercially available due to all the great music featured):  Tim Curry, Patti D'Arbanville, Glenn Frey, Deidre Hall, Debbie Harry, Paul Winfield, Mick Fleetwood, Deidre Hall

Byrnes definitely deserved more screen time in this series.  Great scene at the end of the Mafia trash wars in season 3 where he tells off his ex-wife.

Season 3 also features the Washington DC arc, with some great on-location shooting.  Diverse casting as well, I don't recall this series emphasizing gender, racial, and sexually orientation as much as it does.

May have to order a Wiseguy pie for the final Season 4 binge watching.