For When You're Absolutely, Positively Desperate for Last-Second Help

DonRocks

Find my number on DCDining's website and use it - you'll need to leave a voice-mail, but I'll try to get right back to you. Be clear and concise, and make sure you stress that it's an absolute emergency, because I'll drop everything I'm doing and try my best. I'm not next to my phone 24 hours a day, so there are times when this won't work, in which case I apologize in advance.

This needs to be used *only* for situations that will result in a catastrophe if you don't get immediate help (I can't help you with reservations, or anything like that - not through this channel). I don't have any examples of when you might use this, because I can't think of a situation severe enough, but if one happens, I'll report back about it.

Again, this is a resource of final resort, when help is needed immediately, and the consequences of not getting it are dire. The only reason I'm posting this is because for now, we have a membership wall blocking this from the general public's view, but even that won't be enough to stop some crackpots from taking advantage of me. Please consider this equivalent to calling 911, and rest comfortably knowing the option is there, but also treat it with appropriate respect; otherwise, I won't be able to continue offering it - I hope nobody ever needs it, but if you do, it's there for you.

This doesn't have to be about restaurants, and I suspect that in most cases, it might not be. Again, treat it like you would a 911 call - I will help you.

• Like 3