Etched Glass Artwork in Courthouse Plaza Conference-Room Windows, Arlington, VA - by Local Artist Linn Meyers

DonRocks

Wow, it's amazing how things sometimes loop together when you least expect them to - last week, I'd never before heard of Linn Meyers. Then, thanks to Tweaked's post about her Hirshhorn Exhibit, I went and saw it, and familiarized myself with the artist. 

Now, this morning, while doing some research for this post about Long Bridge Park, I randomly stumbled across this page about public art in Arlington, VA, and found another work by Meyers: the etched-glass windows in the Courthouse public meeting rooms. This was completely by chance, and it was one of those moments when you're amazed by how small the world is.

This video is worth watching, especially if you've seen the Hirshhorn exhibition - both Meyers works I've seen to date definitely have a "signature style," and it's one I find to be very visually appealing. This particular work is functional, as it provides for privacy below head-level, and openness above.

• Like 1