Review #8 - All Purpose

Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Restaurants Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)

• Thai by Thai (Thai in Sterling, Fairfax, Annandale, and Dunn Loring)
    • Mamma's Kitchen (Greek in Alexandria)
    • Chettinadu (Indian in Rockville)
    • Makoto (Japanese in Palisades)
    • Cedar Knoll (American in Alexandria)
    • Inferno Pizzeria Napoletana (Pizzeria in Gaithersburg)
    • Graffiato (Italian in Chinatown)
    • Osteria Marzano (Italian in Franconia)
    • Hank's Pasta Bar (Italian in Alexandria)
    • La Bergerie (French in Alexandria)
    • Bar Civita (Modern American in Woodley Park)
    • Blacksalt (Seafood in Palisades)
    • Alta Strada (Italian in City Vista)
    • Aqua al 2 (Italian in SE Capitol Hill)
    • Montmartre (French in SE Capitol Hill)
    • River Bend Bistro (American in Alexandria)
    • All Purpose (Pizzeria in Shaw)
    • Bidwell (Southern in Union Market)

This poll is closed to new votes

Unless they're re-nominated, RT's, Montmartre, 21 Great American Bistro, and The Dugout will drop off the poll, and Kyirisan will drop off by definition. Everything else will remain - keep in mind that I went from 6/18 - 9/18 without going to any restaurants, so almost all newcomers haven't yet been reviewed.

Have at it - I'll shut down the submissions, and open the poll up Friday at 5 PM, and you can look for Review #7 by the end of next week.

By the way, I want to say that I really *like* the list of restaurants you all have chosen so far - it's intelligent and thoughtful.

Also remember that I'll be reviewing one additional restaurant per week that I choose based on what I think I need to (re-)familiarize myself with, so there may even be an overlap - if there is, I'll remove that from future polls also (unless it's re-nominated for a second look).

You can rest assured I'll give all the Michelin-rated restaurants (starred or Bib) a look if I've never been before, so there's almost no need to nominate them, unless you want them done quickly.

2 hours ago, Tweaked said:

Question:  Instead of a specific restaurant, would you consider doing a taste testing of a specific food item, ie: pastrami (since DC is experiencing a pastrami boom).  Smoked & Stacked v. DGS Deli v. Stachowski v. Wagshal's. 

Yes, but I can't promise a week turnaround! We can do this as a separate thing (or, you can just ask, and I'll get it done). If you want me to do a pastrami comparison, I'll be happy to.

You quite literally made my mouth water when I read "Stachowski" just now.

One other thing I should add: some people right now (not you) might want me to be going into these places with a nitpicking eye, but that's not what I'm about - I look for the best in places (always have), and even though I think I'm balanced with my write-ups, I tend towards the optimistic: I want to have a good meal, and I want these places to do well. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not on any type of "mission" to contradict Michelin, Sietsema, or anyone else (I don't think I really needed to say that, but I did anyway). :)

• Like 2