Hill Prince

Mark Dedrick recommend that I check this place out, and so I stopped in for round on St. Patty's Day afternoon.  It was fairly packed at 5pm, with young professionals, but a very relaxed and chill vibe.  They may have the broadest selection of interesting spirits on H Street NE right now, based on a cursory scan of their shelves.  I ordered a neat rum, and later turned it into an old-fashioned.  A side of Gordy's pickled okra to snack and cleanse my earlier fried meals. 

It is nicely designed and a cool spot.  I can tell they are going to be very successful and are catering to a more sophisticated crowd.  Of the non-cheesy establishments on H Street that I have liked over the years, this one though lacks that H Street NE grit that I kinda dig, though.  Even Maketto is fun and hipster urban, whereas Hill Prince doesn't feel like it is "representin'" any particular community.  That said, all of their snack and beverage offerings look fantastic, service was friendly and efficient, and my drink was well made.  I am not sure if I would run into neighbors here, if I was still in the neighborhood, but I would go fairly often. 

• Like 1