Silly Wizard (1970-) - Scottish Folk Band Founded in Edinburgh by Gordon Jones, Bob Thomas and Bill Watkins

Pool Boy

I accidentally discovered these gents probably around 1981. Scottish Folk music. I was deeply seated in Progressive Rock at the time and this was...a puzzlement, but....infectious. With my wife and I soon off on our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Scotland (and, nay it canna be, 30 years together!) I cannot not put tihs out there.

Silly Wizard:

Pool Boy, would you put these videos in context with Silly Wizard's discography, and the years they were releasex? Did you go in Chronological order? Favorite order? Random order?

Any way you did it, thank you for posting what you've posted - I've learned a lot from your "Laurel Rock"groups! And much appreciate it.

9 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Pool Boy, would you put these videos in context with Silly Wizard's discography, and the years they were releasex? Did you go in Chronological order? Favorite order? Random order?

Any way you did it, thank you for posting what you've posted - I've learned a lot from your "Laurel Rock"groups! And much appreciate it.

Just some favorites. I think they put out 9 albums over the dozen years or so that they were officially active. Johnny Cunningham was a bit opinionated and, as with many great bands, this (probably among other things) caused rifts and the group just splintered off. The good news is that they all remained active (or still do) and have made lots of fine music.

I had the good fortune to see them in concert once, it was a masterpiece - there is nothing like seeing these gents live.