Ramey Wine Cellars Dinner - at the Chef’s Table at The Left Bank, Jun 12, 2018, 6:15 PM - $135 per Person

I am dancing on the ceiling that this dinner is taking place in my city. I know my taste in wine tend to lean toward Old World, but I do enjoy wines produced by David Ramey. 

I recall having a chardonnay from Ramey wine cellars at Corduroy, and a few times since. This dinner is also an incredible value at $135. It will be 4 courses presented  by the Chef which will highlight the best the region of South Central Pa has to offer. Dinner will take place on Tuesday, June 12 at 6:15. I don’t have details yet of the menu, but will inquire about them soon. 

I am so excited. 

Wine & Dining, 

katt

David Ramey: 

Katt, our National Sales Manager George Staikos will be hosting. He’s a total wine pro who teaches the wine education course at Farleigh Dickinson University.

I enjoy meeting makers, as well as chefs. This was David Ramey’s response when I asked him directly if he would be in attendance. Most people swoon at meeting rockstars & celebrities. For me its meeting the people who produce what makes me happy. Food & Wine. 

-katt

On 6/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, curiouskitkatt said:

I am dancing on the ceiling that this dinner is taking place in my city. I know my taste in wine tend to lean toward Old World, but I do enjoy wines produced by David Ramey. 

I recall having a chardonnay from Ramey wine cellars at Corduroy, and a few times since. This dinner is also an incredible value at $135. It will be 4 courses presented  by the Chef which will highlight the best the region of South Central Pa has to offer. Dinner will take place on Tuesday, June 12 at 6:15. I don’t have details yet of the menu, but will inquire about them soon. 

I am so excited. 

Wine & Dining, 

katt

So I got a few details about the dinner after reaching out to The Left Bank. A well informed diner that I am, I kinda like to know as much as I can prior to the event. Mandy Arnold, proprietor of The Left Bank , was very helpful in providing bits about the event. 

South Central Pa is home to several farms that source dining establishments well within the city as well as areas outside of Pa. The dinner will be highlighting a few of the riches of the region. Brogue Hydroponics is a family owned farm operating since 1983 that provides exceptional quality fruit & produce. Locust Point Cattle based in Dover , Pa produces 100% grass fed beef.  Seafood selected from Sea to Table from Beaufort, NC as well as East Coast oysters will served. 

Upon arriving at the restaurant, guests will be presented with a complimentary cocktail and will have a chance to interact with representaives from Ramey Cellars. As mentioned in a previous post, George Staikos will be hosting the wine pairing event. Mr Staikos has been with Ramey Wine Cellars for 10 years, and teaches wine education at Farleigh Dickinson University. 

Following the reception, guest will be seated, and served a 4-course plated dinner. If there are dietary restrictions, please contact the restaurant prior to the event to make requests.  If something were to come up, and guests are not able to attend, refunds will not be issued, but can be transferred to a future event. Just an FYI, so that guests are well informed. 

Details of the menu were not yet finalised, so I will be following up with that as soon as I know. Looks like it will be a delicious event. I am looking forward to this immensely!

Reporting tasty news,

katt

• Thanks 1

The menu:

Here's the 4 Course Menu:

- Oysters / asparagus / radish / chèvre

paired with Sidebar Sauv Blanc

- Snapper / smoked bone broth / corn / beans / shallots

paired with Ramey Russian River        Chardonnay

- Ribeye beef steak / squash / mushrooms / Swiss chard / berry jus

paired with Ramey Napa Cab

- Spiced (just a hint of heat) chocolate panna cotta / pistachios / raspberry / cocoa nib brittle

paired with Ramey Claret