Pop-Up Magazine (2009-) - a San Francisco-Based "Live" Magazine Focusing on Current Events in Numerous Subjects - at the Warner Theater, Sep 25, 2018

dcs

Pop-Up Magazine is rolling back to the Warner Theater with its Fall Issue on September 25, 2018.  If you have never heard of this or seen it before you can read more about it here:

"Pop-Up Magazine Productions Brings You Original, True Stories, for Your Nights and Weekends" on popupmagazine.com

I have been twice before and each time there were some memorable performances.  There are plenty of tickets available at the moment, but if history is any guide the orchestra will mostly fill in (and much of the balcony as well) by the date of the performance.  Expect the unexpected and remember, once it's gone, it's gone.  The performances are never recorded.  See you there.  You deserve a night out.

• Thanks 2

On 8/22/2018 at 1:36 PM, dcs said:

Pop-Up Magazine is rolling back to the Warner Theater with its Fall Issue on September 25, 2018.  If you have never heard of this or seen it before you can read more about it here:

"Pop-Up Magazine Productions Brings You Original, True Stories, for Your Nights and Weekends" on popupmagazine.com

Did you go, dcs? If so, please tell us about it.

17 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Did you go, dcs? If so, please tell us about it.

Yes, we were there.  Another thought provoking evening.  The performances were varied and heartfelt.  I cannot do them justice in description.  I can tell you that we enjoyed the "Ghost Flower" talk by Rowan Jacobsen.  The programs contained little plastic envelopes with scented cards.  Due to some scientific prestidigitation, we were able to smell the scent of a flower extinct for maybe a hundred years.  Perhaps in the future we may find this is the only way to interact with things we today consider commonplace.  Imagine that.  Really.  Think about it.