The Green Zone - Lebanese Street Food, Obscure Beers, and a Middle-Eastern Atmosphere

A virtual food board "friend" from another venue (eGullet: "hassouni") is also a real life friend of someone we know well & eat with pretty often.  He, real name Chris, opened "The Green Zone" in Adams Morgan not that long ago (2226 18th St NW). We went and had some great drinks and some truly good small plates.  The falafel was a major standout & I know from falafels, having eaten them for 50+ years from places serving foods of Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Greece & Palestine.  And the "F--K Trump Punch" made my evening (hey, that's its name... politics embedded and I can't do much about that, can I?).  Its a loud, partying type of place with a crowd to match and I don't think that we're the target audience, but its a welcoming place & clearly already well loved.  I recommend it and congratulate Chris on getting this venture off the ground.

Jul 23, 2018 - "Eyeball the Menus for The Green Zone, Officially Opening on Thursday" by Laura Hayes on washingtoncitypaper.com

• Like 3