DonRocks

If I could take any two people from past history, and have them talk with each other for two hours, I'd pick Einstein and Newton: The first ten minutes would be Einstein thanking Newton for all the groundwork he laid, and the next 1:50 would be Einstein bringing Newton up to speed on 20th-century theory. To me, that would be more significant than introducing Beethoven to Bach - boy, I wish I could be a fly on the wall, watching that conversation: There would be some serious tears shed.

22 hours ago, DonRocks said:

If I could take any two people from past history, and have them talk with each other for two hours, I'd pick Einstein and Newton: The first ten minutes would be Einstein thanking Newton for all the groundwork he laid, and the next 1:50 would be Einstein bringing Newton up to speed on 20th-century theory. To me, that would be more significant than introducing Beethoven to Bach - boy, I wish I could be a fly on the wall, watching that conversation: There would be some serious tears shed.

I wonder if he would get it.  Or even if he got it, believe it.  My guess is that Einstein would probably come across as a science fiction writer to Newton, with the nearly 200 years that separate them proving a pretty tough obstacle to overcome.  But it would be fascinating to watch for sure.