Patrick Mahomes (1995-), Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, Previously for Texas Tech

DonRocks

I dismissed Mitch Trubisky having been drafted as the top quarterback in the 2016 NFL draft (with the #2 overall pick) as a boneheaded decision, but when some guy named Patrick Mahomes went as the second quarterback (with the #10 pick) ahead of Deshaun Watson (the #12 pick), I took it personally. 

The Trubisky pick was unwise, but Patrick Mahomes? This kid is *unbelievable*! Who knows whether he's going to last, but in just his second NFL season, he's the odds-on favorite for NFL MVP, and has as many touchdown passes this year as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers - combined!

As much as I love Deshaun, I just have to take my hat off to Mahomes, and nod with respect. Look at this play from Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Ravens: The Chiefs were down 24-17, with 1:29 left in the 4th quarter, and it was 4th-and-9 from their own 40-yard line. How was this possible?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000997603/Can-t-Miss-Play-Mahomes-hits-Hill-for-INSANE-fourth-down-conversion

In case anyone thinks Mahomes is a fluke, he led the NCAA in Passing Yards in 2016.

I saw Mahomes play that record breaking Monday night game.  Unfortunately they lost to the Rams.  Mahomes is insanely good under the tutelage of Andy Reid.  I'm not a KC fan, and as a 'skins fan I don't like Andy Reid (as the coach of a division rival and the guy who pawned off McNabb on us), but I'll watch KC because Mahomes is the most exciting QB now in the league.

BTW,  the game last weekend was against the Ravens.