In case people are shy about events like this, one of the greatest meals I've ever had in Washington, DC was a collaborative meal at Gerard's Place with Gerard Pangaud and Charlie Trotter. Trotter had flown out with about 8 members of his kitchen staff, and each chef alternated a course - it was fantastic, and you could very much sense that the chefs had something of a friendly rivalry going (incidentally, this was the first time I ever had a red Rhone with scallops (it was decades ago)).

I was more curious if there were other considerations for the schedule, beyond chefs' availability, like how far in advance people would pay.

That season pass package carries a 33% premium ($200 per person per dinner); it might be sold out or they didn't hold back seats for it.

That space must have some odd table configurations: max party size is 6, but for, say, Dec 5, there's no available for a party of 2, but you can book 5 or 6 in the dining room and 3 (and only 3) at the bar. I thought Resy had some feature to manage seat pools.

Odd cost breakdown too:

$116.39 per person

$23.28 service charge <- wouldn't this be taxable? (vs calling it a gratuity)

$10.33 (8.875% tax on 116.39 only)

Because of rounding, I think if you book a party size other than 1 or 2, you save a penny!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, guanabana said:

I was more curious if there were other considerations for the schedule, beyond chefs' availability, like how far in advance people would pay.

That season pass package carries a 33% premium ($200 per person per dinner); it might be sold out or they didn't hold back seats for it.

That space must have some odd table configurations: max party size is 6, but for, say, Dec 5, there's no available for a party of 2, but you can book 5 or 6 in the dining room and 3 (and only 3) at the bar. I thought Resy had some feature to manage seat pools.

Odd cost breakdown too:

$116.39 per person

$23.28 service charge <- wouldn't this be taxable? (vs calling it a gratuity)

$10.33 (8.875% tax on 116.39 only)

Because of rounding, I think if you book a party size other than 1 or 2, you save a penny!

You might be over-thinking this, guanabana!  🤕:)