Teamwork - Still a Critically Important Concept in Today's Isolation and 3-Point Basketball Style

DonRocks

9 hours ago, DaveO said:

Meanwhile the play of the weekend that literally took my breath away was in the marvelous UNC vs Duke game.   It was NOT made by Zion Williamson, but by UNC following one of his dunks—maybe about 4-5 minutes into the video below:   Killer fast break by UNC

While the video features Zion they should have kept replaying that fast break—just beautiful team basketball 

Yep, Zion dunked underneath the opposite side of the basket (and that got all the replays), but UNC pushed it up the court with four different players touching the ball - the entire fast break took less than 2-3 seconds and only contained *one* dribble - pass, pass, pass, pass.

5 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Yep, Zion dunked underneath the opposite side of the basket (and that got all the replays), but UNC pushed it up the court with four different players touching the ball - the entire fast break took less than 2-3 seconds and only contained *one* dribble - pass, pass, pass, pass.

The video "replayers", whomever they are --are missing highlighting that play on its own.  Its a wondrous fast break.  Immediately taking it out after the basket, an outlet pass, Carolina players must have and were streaking down the court.. Point guard looks up and sees it....a long pass...a beautiful touch pass and a basket.  That was a beauty.  Hadn't watched UNC play this year.  Now I'd like to watch them during the tournament--hope they go far.  I like their freshman point guard with the long wild hair.  He's an offensive player, a shooter, a driver who sees  openings and goes for it.  Admittedly his hair makes him more watchable in my eyes; Coby White.  I guess he'll go pro, which means he might not play a lot.  Too bad.  He is very talented (at least for the college game) and watchable.