Europe Flight Delay Compensation

Ericandblueboy

Does anyone have experience in claiminig compensation for flight delays to Europe?

My Aer Lingus flight from IAD to DUB was delayed by over 2 hours, causing me to miss my connection to BCN.  I arrived in BCN more than 6 hours later than originally scheduled (I had to fly from DUB to LHR and from LHR to BCN).

Am I entitled to compensation based on my ultimate arrival time or only arrival time to Dublin?

On 9/22/2019 at 9:10 AM, Ericandblueboy said:

Does anyone have experience in claiminig compensation for flight delays to Europe?

My Aer Lingus flight from IAD to DUB was delayed by over 2 hours, causing me to miss my connection to BCN.  I arrived in BCN more than 6 hours later than originally scheduled (I had to fly from DUB to LHR and from LHR to BCN).

Am I entitled to compensation based on my ultimate arrival time or only arrival time to Dublin?

Hate to answer this so late, but British Airways made me miss my connection in London, and it took 24 hours, door-to-door, to get from IAD to NCE (Nice). It was the worst travel day of my life, and I was with Matt, who was about 13-years old at the time. I stood in line for 2 hours with him, only to bus from Heathrow to Gatwick ... and then they lost our luggage - we didn't get it back for months (his took 2-3 months; mine showed up after almost a *year*). We had to go shopping in Nice and buy all new things - we were compensated only for the loss of suitcases and possessions (which were in ridiculous shape when we got them back). I swore off British Airways then, and have never used them again.

An airline will usually not accept a responsibility for a flight delay; in my case, it was mostly or entirely the fault of British Airways, and not "the system" - we even sat at Heathrow, unable to disembark for about an hour, because there were no available gates (that alone caused many people to miss connections).

We did get the maximum amount, which was something like $1000-1500 each, but honestly, that wasn't worth it, not in the least. It was 24 hours of hell, followed by a week in France with no luggage.