Hanumanh

Tom really likes this place:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/hanumanh-serves-laotian-dishes-and-drinks-so-exciting-they-make-a-critic-long-to-be-a-regular/2020/02/10/06d10d4a-4388-11ea-b5fc-eefa848cde99_story.html?itid=ap_tomsietsema

I was all set to bring my cousin here who will be visiting next week but then I saw this on their webpage:

We accept walk-ins only on a first come, first serve basis. We don’t take names nor have a waitlist. 

How welcoming!  The only missing was a "F*uck You for trying!" at the end.

I get why restaurants do this, but this seems to be taking things to a new, belligerent level.  It's like saying, we give zero shits about ease of access for our customers.  I mean, even Roses and Little Serow take names and have a waiting list!

Hanumanh is more of a bar than their other restaurants. As the linked review says, "The majority of the seating involves stools and high tables." There is a patio out back with regular tables but I'm not sure if they're using it at this time of year. I only went once, last summer before they had to close/relocate for several months.

Edit: I originally pasted text from their website that said they have a waitlist when full. This page was found through google and is not accessible when you actually visit their website.