Former Pizzaiolo @ 2Amys Seeking Work

pizza man

Hi.

I am currently seeking employment.

My name is Edan MacQuaid and I have been the Chef/Pizzaiolo @ 2amys for nearly 6 years.

I have been working in restaurants (all positions) for the past 17 years.

Skills include:

Master Pizzaiolo

baking

all positions on conventional hot line

ordering/inventory (I have many contacts among local and national purveyors)

hiring/scheduling

food/labor cost control

menu writing

consulting

etc.

Please send a message if you think you could use my help.

Thanks,

-E

Holy crap. Gubeen and I are always discussing how badly DC needs more than two or three good pizza joints...and now this. Somebody snap this man up quick and fix him up with the right oven, before he starts thinking about other towns.

Edan, make sure you let us know where you end up. Some of us have been known to drive crazy distances for a great pie.

"We got this pizza maker, Edan McQuaid, he's the best pizza guy on the East Coast."

-- Tim Giamette, quoted in Ed Levine's
Pizza: A Slice of Heaven
(2005)

Hey, do you give lessons?

Hi.

I am currently seeking employment.

My name is Edan MacQuaid and I have been the Chef/Pizzaiolo @ 2amys for nearly 6 years.

I have been working in restaurants (all positions) for the past 17 years.

Skills include:

Master Pizzaiolo

baking

all positions on conventional hot line

ordering/inventory (I have many contacts among local and national purveyors)

hiring/scheduling

food/labor cost control

menu writing

consulting

etc.

Please send a message if you think you could use my help.

Thanks,

-E

quite possibly. do you have an oven?

Not a proper wood-fired masonry one, if that's what you mean, only the usual GE-thinks-nobody-needs-more-than-450-or-475-degrees household appliance, and a big-ass pizza stone. I can't expect truly righteous pizza from it (which is why I'm always in search of great wood- or coal-fired pizza joints) but I'd like to know what might be accomplished by an amateur in an average home, as I'm sure many of us here would.

Working a perfectly blistered pizza around a serious oven and its hot and cool spots is best left to the pros.

post-710-1176741305_thumb.jpg

enormous coal oven and long peel at Frank Pepe's, New Haven, Feb 2007

Hello again,

This may be starting to stray from the topic a little ( I am still looking for a real job. )

There is a website (am I allowed to say what it is?) where pizza nerds, like myself and a few others, will find a plethora of information, particularily in the department of rigging a regular old indoor, household oven for making a variety of different style pizze.

I have never rigged my own oven as I have had access to proper pizza ovens for most of my adult life, but, many people on the forum have had quite good results and have posted the pictures to prove it. There are also many recipes.

Let me know if I am allowed to post a link.

As for lessons I am ready and willing to teach. We would just need to work out the logistics, location, (compensation).

I have a friend with a nice little pizza oven for whom I have orchestrated a couple of pizza parties. Perhaps he would be willing to let us use his space when the weather improves..

Let me know if you want to pursue these things or hire me as your personal pizzaiolo.

:blink:

-E