Kid-Friendly Tapas or Middle-Eastern

Hello all,

We are headed to Baltimore this weekend with some friends. We will have a lot of young ones with us. I was wondering if you could suggest a good place to eat. We would love to try a good Middle-Eastern place or a tapas place.

Thanks!

Monica

I'm not quite sure how well The Helmand would handle the young ones. You can ask. But they do some good Afghani food. Make sure to order all the appetizers, because they're all excellent.

We are headed to Baltimore this weekend with some friends. We will have a lot of young ones with us. I was wondering if you could suggest a good place to eat. We would love to try a good Middle-Eastern place or a tapas place.

With a lot of children, I wouldn't recommend the Helmand (open dinner only) unless they are used to quiet, white tablecloth restaurant dining. I love the Afghan Kabab on the corner of Lombard and Charles (37 N. Charles), just two short blocks from the harbor. It closes at 8 pm and is closed on Sundays. It is very casual - formica tables, spare decor, countertop service. But the meals are ample - the inexpensive platters come with cucumber and tomato salad, spiced rice and fresh pita, great lamb kababs (better than at the Helmand), countertop service and a helpful staff. Their kaddo (pumpkin with yoghurt sauce) is worth getting, and the eggplant dish if they have it.