Capitol City Carnival

Walrus

I haven't been. But the bands playing on Saturday seem well worth the money. But that's just my opinion. The beer options also sound pretty good...

I don't think anyone has ever been (first year they're doing it). Avett Brothers, Saturday afternoon. Beer list is pretty ecclectic: Harbin from China? Breckenridge, Great Divide from CO, some stuff from the greater EastCoast area that I've never had (Orlio? Foothills? Asheville?). Sounds like a good fest.

I don't think anyone has ever been (first year they're doing it). Avett Brothers, Saturday afternoon. Beer list is pretty ecclectic: Harbin from China? Breckenridge, Great Divide from CO, some stuff from the greater EastCoast area that I've never had (Orlio? Foothills? Asheville?). Sounds like a good fest.

D'oh! Well, I'll just have to report :angry:

It seems this is a new offering from the production group who have brought us the Vintage Virginia festival for the past 3(?) years. I've been to THAT shindig a couple of times and have certainly had fun-- plenty of food and plenty of room (Bull Run is spacious but unshaded; in the autumn it is bound to be more comfortable than what I've experienced). As for the brewers, while Belgian beer fans might be a bit disapointed the best of the best of Virginia are certainly represented with the likes of Starr Hill (not yet locally available, but should be soon), St. George (personal friends-- great stout!), and Cally's (formerly Calhouns of Harrisonburg, and makers of one of the best and most approachable American-Scottish ales I've tasted). And, damn, P-Funk? I'd plan on being there myself if family matters had not come up!