Smith Meadows Farm

I found it interesting that Smith Meadows Farm takes a dramatically different approach at the two locations. The emphasis today was on the pastas, with a completely different photo display from what we see in Del Ray, where it's mostly about the meat, which is also the focus of the photos they show there.

Smith Meadows is was not invited to bring meat to Dupont which is why their stand is different at Del Ray and Dupont. Perhaps they will be able to in the future?

Does anyone else buy meat from the guy at the Courthouse market? Despite my dislike of buying/using frozen meat I decided to try a couple T-bone steaks at $11.99/lb. I let them thaw in the fridge until Sunday and cooked then up on the grill to what should have been MR. Disappointed would be an understatement. The meat, while soft and somewhat tasty, was completely devoid of any moisture. I should have known better than to buy anything other than braising meat frozen as all the moisture leaves upon thawing. Are there other vendors that provide steaks that un-freeze well or sell fresh product?

Does anyone else buy meat from the guy at the Courthouse market? Despite my dislike of buying/using frozen meat I decided to try a couple T-bone steaks at $11.99/lb. I let them thaw in the fridge until Sunday and cooked then up on the grill to what should have been MR. Disappointed would be an understatement. The meat, while soft and somewhat tasty, was completely devoid of any moisture. I should have known better than to buy anything other than braising meat frozen as all the moisture leaves upon thawing. Are there other vendors that provide steaks that un-freeze well or sell fresh product?

There are a couple of different meat vendors who come to the Saturday Arlington market. One is Smith Meadows, which also sells fresh pasta, and the other is Bev Eggleston's Eco Friendly of _Omnivore's Dilemma_ fame. Bev doesn't sell beef every week, he specializes in pork and lamb. Sometimes you can get fresh meat from him, other times only frozen. Smith Meadows has beef all the time and it's always frozen.

Which one was it?

There are a couple of different meat vendors who come to the Saturday Arlington market. One is Smith Meadows, which also sells fresh pasta, and the other is Bev Eggleston's Eco Friendly of _Omnivore's Dilemma_ fame. Bev doesn't sell beef every week, he specializes in pork and lamb. Sometimes you can get fresh meat from him, other times only frozen. Smith Meadows has beef all the time and it's always frozen.

Which one was it?

Smith Meadows.