The Sysco Truck

rappahannock

Why does Sysco make you sigh?

A lot of people wrongly believe that the only items Sysco sells are prepared foods. In reality, they sell everything from plastic wrap and aluminum foil to kitchen knives to stainless steel insert pans and toilet paper...and no, I am not employed by them. :blink:

A lot of people wrongly believe that the only items Sysco sells are prepared foods. In reality, they sell everything from plastic wrap and aluminum foil to kitchen knives to stainless steel insert pans and toilet paper...and no, I am not employed by them. :blink:

Bulk products, too, like: oil, sugar, flour.

As someone whose good friend used to work for US Food Service, trust me, I know the range of stuff that Sysco and their ilk provide (and how important the service they provide is to some restaurants). I still am put off by seeing the Sysco-mobile pulling out from a fine-dining establishment. It simply does not give me a good first impression. Period.

As someone whose good friend used to work for US Food Service, trust me, I know the range of stuff that Sysco and their ilk provide (and how important the service they provide is to some restaurants). I still am put off by seeing the Sysco-mobile pulling out from a fine-dining establishment. It simply does not give me a good first impression. Period.
While I understand that some of the products Sysco (and their ilk) provide is less than stellar to a fine dining establishment. But in reality, there are products they provide that are as high a quality, and at a lower price, as you can find in the marketplace. Plugra butter is an example. I personally get more put off by the Bud truck pulling out of some places... Just my opinion. Again, sorry to be off topic!