Looking For Restaurant Real Estate

pizza man

Hey there,

Aspiring restauranteur and professional pizzaiolo here. I am using this forum as a last ditch attempt to find potential real estate for a new restaurant.

The ideal location would be somewhere in Fairfax county,(preferably in the Vienna, Mclean, Falls Church area), around 2000+sq ft., and available asap..

Any leads leading to an actual signed lease would be appreciated and repaid in tasty food products..

Thanks,

-E

I know it's expensive-I know that it is horribly expensive and perhaps unaffordable BUT I swear that the new expansion of Reston Town Center would tolerate $20+ pizza. The owners of American Flatbread backed off because of the price and, I fear, that only a national chain will come in. Still, there is a market that would fill your restaurant every hour of every night that you are open. And, will pay more for a pizza than most others will. If it is REALLY good.

I don't think this is about Herndon or the Sheraton International or even Church street. I'm talking about going dead center in the middle of Reston Town Center's expansion and going after this market. I would use American Flatbread/Two Amy's for the model.

I believe there are reasons why so many national chains and regional "chains" are opening here.

I know it's expensive-I know that it is horribly expensive and perhaps unaffordable BUT I swear that the new expansion of Reston Town Center would tolerate $20+ pizza. The owners of American Flatbread backed off because of the price and, I fear, that only a national chain will come in. Still, there is a market that would fill your restaurant every hour of every night that you are open. And, will pay more for a pizza than most others will. If it is REALLY good.

I don't think this is about Herndon or the Sheraton International or even Church street. I'm talking about going dead center in the middle of Reston Town Center's expansion and going after this market. I would use American Flatbread/Two Amy's for the model.

I believe there are reasons why so many national chains and regional "chains" are opening here.

Joe,

You are not the first to make this suggestion, and I must admit, I have not looked into it much. I believe most of the buildings are several stories (more than three) high, yes?

This presents a problem for the pizzeria concept as the cost and building code requirements for the chimney can become quite troublesome..

Would you happen to have any leads on anything in RTC? If so, send them my way.

Thanks,

-E

Joe,

You are not the first to make this suggestion, and I must admit, I have not looked into it much. I believe most of the buildings are several stories (more than three) high, yes?

This presents a problem for the pizzeria concept as the cost and building code requirements for the chimney can become quite troublesome..

Would you happen to have any leads on anything in RTC? If so, send them my way.

Thanks,

-E

Unfortunately (for me!) there are none. BUT, you should give a serious look at Church street, a few doors down from Bazin's on Church where there is a new building under construction and, I think, a few months from opening. Failing this, Bazin's is apparently very successful and created the kind of traffic flow that you will want. There are a number of store fronts within a few blocks of this that would be well worth looking at.

Still, I tried very hard to talk Jeff Black into coming to Reston Town Center. I didn't do a very good job because he's not coming. Roberto was interested, too, but Il Fornao from CA came first. Still Lettuce Entertain You is coming (again) and the Great American Restaurant Group is, too as well as Passion Foods (DC Coast, Ceiba, Ten Penh, etc.) for their first suburban location. God, a GREAT pizzaria with personality and character in this mix would be incredible!!!! I respect what you are saying about a chimney and the height of the building. The only option might be the six story parking garage under contruction which has restaurants/retail on the ground floor. Still, I would make the call: John Asadoorian is whose name is on the signs. I've never talked to him, never met him. But I really believe it is worth a call. I have no idea of what Fairfax County will require; all I am convinced of is the value of the location and the worth of the exhorbitant rent. And, your concept would really fit into the mix. Well! I'd even make the argument that RTC would be the single best location for your concept in the entire D. C. area if you could find a way to fit in and a way to get the terms you need. Good luck.

I would be your biggest beneficiary!!!! And, perhap, best customer!

Unfortunately (for me!) there are none. BUT, you should give a serious look at Church street, a few doors down from Bazin's on Church where there is a new building under construction and, I think, a few months from opening. Failing this, Bazin's is apparently very successful and created the kind of traffic flow that you will want. There are a number of store fronts within a few blocks of this that would be well worth looking at.

I was about to post about this location, but Joe beat me to it. Joe is right about this location. It is right on the corner of Church and Center Street. While there is a NY-style pizza place 1 block away, I still think this could be a great spot.