Special Occasion...

mtwright72

I am helping to plan my grandmothers' 80th birthday party with my Uncle and have it narrowed down to CityZen or 2941. I have been to 2941 numerous times, but not once since Chef Krinn left. I sadly have yet to go to CityZen. I feel like we'll be good either way, but wanted to see if there were any opinions leaning heavily to one or the other.

Also, does anyone know the minimums for a private room at 2941?

I am helping to plan my grandmothers' 80th birthday party with my Uncle and have it narrowed down to CityZen or 2941. I have been to 2941 numerous times, but not once since Chef Krinn left. I sadly have yet to go to CityZen. I feel like we'll be good either way, but wanted to see if there were any opinions leaning heavily to one or the other.

Also, does anyone know the minimums for a private room at 2941?

When I read the title of this thread, I was going to chime in with a one-word answer: CityZen. But now that I've read the content of your post, I recommend 2941. Two out of my mom's last three birthdays, we took her to 2941, and everyone loved it. One year, we had a party of about ten, and didn't have a private room, but it was still a really good table for conversing (a long, rectangular table set up just outside the kitchen). Based on one extensive meal post-Krinn, the service, menu, and beverage program at 2941 remain virtually unchanged, whereas the execution from the kitchen (including the bread basket) seems to have faltered under the change of chefs. (There is no bigger Scott Bryan fan than I am, but I'm skeptical about any interim chef walking in and propping up what Krinn and Mathieson spent years developing and maintaining). Still, I would not hesitate to recommend 2941 for your grandmother's birthday party.

There's a private area at CityZen near the wine-storage cabinets, and if you can get that, it might be a viable option.

Cheers,

Rocks.

I recently had my wedding at 2941; we hosted 25 people in one of the smaller dining rooms, the Koi room. Every single note of the meal was perfect. The setting, the timing, the service, and the food were all top notch. They have the menus and room info on their website, it looks like the tasting room or chef's table are made for small groups. If you do go with 2941, I highly recommend the smoked white eggplant soup, it is the one course people are still raving about three weeks later.

Also, my info could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I was told that there is a different catering chef that handles the private dining rooms. The announcement of Chef Krinn leaving came a couple of weeks before the wedding, so they may have just been reassuring me that everything would go smoothly and the menus would be unchanged.

Hey, hey, hey first post.

-Eric