Del Rey Help

DanielK

Now that Cheesetique has restarted the tastings on Sundays, the wife and I will be there this coming Sunday for a 6p cheese tasting.

We have long struggled to find a place to eat afterwards, so I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else has some ideas.

We have tried both Taqueria Poblano and Los Tios. Sorry, not impressed with either. We go to the taquerias in Riverdale/Bladensburg frequently, and Poblano just doesn't hold up. And Los Tios is no better than mediocre compared to local Salvadorean/Tex-Mex joints.

We've done Del Merei once or twice, and it's nice, but the food is too heavy for a late-ish dinner after just having eaten a half-pound of cheese.

Any other ideas? Near Cheesetique would be best, but anything heading north is fine, on our trek back to MoCo.

Now that Cheesetique has restarted the tastings on Sundays, the wife and I will be there this coming Sunday for a 6p cheese tasting.

We have long struggled to find a place to eat afterwards, so I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else has some ideas.

We have tried both Taqueria Poblano and Los Tios. Sorry, not impressed with either. We go to the taquerias in Riverdale/Bladensburg frequently, and Poblano just doesn't hold up. And Los Tios is no better than mediocre compared to local Salvadorean/Tex-Mex joints.

We've done Del Merei once or twice, and it's nice, but the food is too heavy for a late-ish dinner after just having eaten a half-pound of cheese.

Any other ideas? Near Cheesetique would be best, but anything heading north is fine, on our trek back to MoCo.

There's Evening Star and the new La Strada, both a few blocks south on Mt. Vernon Ave., along with Thai Peppers. Fireflies has a new menu - mostly sandwiches and pizza.

ETA: Thai Square is just a quick ride up Glebe Road - no more than 10 minutes from Cheesetique.