Washingtonian "75 Best Bars" Issue

ol_ironstomach

This is the first time since I don't know when, that I have been interested in picking-up a Washingtonian*.

*please do not misconstrue this to be a statement about the fine work of the restaurant and dining staff, but more of a reflection on the other portions of the magazine that I generally find superfluous to my everyday life.

It's actually a pretty awesome list - except that they left off Dino & CommonWealth.

If you were to ask me where to name my favorite bars, Dino would not be one of them. Not because the drinks are good, they are in fact excellent, not because of the wine selection, arguably one of the best in the city, no I don't think of it as a bar because there are about eight seats, and most of those tend to be taken by single diners more so than serial imbibers.

I have not seen the list yet, so there might be restaurants that fit the same bill listed, but that is why I would leave it off the list.

If you were to ask me where to name my favorite bars, Dino would not be one of them. Not because the drinks are good, they are in fact excellent, not because of the wine selection, arguably one of the best in the city, no I don't think of it as a bar because there are about eight seats, and most of those tend to be taken by single diners more so than serial imbibers.

I have not seen the list yet, so there might be restaurants that fit the same bill listed, but that is why I would leave it off the list.

FWIW, Dino IS on the website as being in the group of ~75 sort of "next best bars in Washington", bars that "we love but didn't make the top 75" per the accompanying blurb.