Tableside Sukiyaki

I'm looking for a good Japanese restaurant in DC or Virginia where they make the Sukiyaki at your table, like the Sukiyaki that was on the menu at the now defunct Mikado on Wisconsin avenue. I've been searching for one for years since Mikado closed, but have not stumbled on one yet.

Jane

I'm looking for a good Japanese restaurant in DC or Virginia where they make the Sukiyaki at your table, like the Sukiyaki that was on the menu at the now defunct Mikado on Wisconsin avenue. I've been searching for one for years since Mikado closed, but have not stumbled on one yet.
At one time Yamazato on North Beauregard in Alexandria did but I don't think they do anymore.

Tokyo Sukiyaki restaurant, at 1736 Connecticut Avenue, used to have sukiyaki prepared at the table. Too bad they closed sometime in the 1980s. Back in the old days, was there any Japanese restaurant in the US that didn't do this dish this way? I am largely ignorant of Japanese food culture (or Japanese any culture). Is tableside sukiyaki something that they do in restaurants in Japan? Or they used to do? The practice has obviously almost entirely disappeared from Japanese restaurants in this country.

Is tableside sukiyaki something that they do in restaurants in Japan?
I believe you cook it yourself. I'm not aware of any restaurants where it's cooked tableside, but I live in the sticks. Practices may be a bit different here than in the larger cities and Kanto (Tokyo)/Kansai (Osaka) regions. When we go out and order nabemono (hotpot or steamboat dishes), which sukiyaki is considered, they bring a large pot over a single burner to the table. We do the cooking ourselves.