Taste of Tandoor, Northern Indian on Smoketown Road in Woodbridge

Rick Azzarano said:
IN the mall, your options are severely limited. I once (in a funk and bored at work) totaled the restaurants in the couple of mile square area around Potomac Mills - there are over 30 restaurants, all but a few of which are chains. There are very few choices. It's why we cook at home.

Behind the Popeyes on Smoketown Rd (a little west of the Mall) there is the Taste of Tandoor for Indian. There's also a Filipino deli/store next to the Tandoor. Depending on how far you want to go (but it's back on your way) there are the Dixie Bones barbecue place and Almita's Mexican both on Occoquan Road in Woodbridge. There is the Tiger Thai (I think that's the name) in the same center as the Staples and Comp USA stores, that I've never tried. Also on Smoketown west of the mall, there's the El Paso Mexican.

I'll vote for Taste of Tandoor. I had lunch there once last summer with a friend, and I enjoyed their food.

I'll vote for Taste of Tandoor. I had lunch there once last summer with a friend, and I enjoyed their food.

I'll also vote for Taste of Tandoor for anyone shopping at Potomac Mills. This restaurant, which has been in business for ten years, reminds me a lot of the Falls Church Haandi, both in terms of cuisine and decor (right down to the paintings on the side walls). A Kadai Paneer ($10.95) was a little light on paneer, having only three reasonably large chunks, but the medium-spicy curry with tomatoes, onions, and bell-peppers was a far cry from what you'll find in Potomac Mills mall.

The owners also have a restaurant in Stafford called Guru Indian Cuisine.

Cheers,

Rocks.

On 6/20/2009 at 9:33 AM, DonRocks said:

This restaurant, which has been in business for ten years, reminds me a lot of the Falls Church Haandi, both in terms of cuisine and decor (right down to the paintings on the side walls).

Wow, replying to my own post over ten-years later, I was right. From their website:

"What Muhammad, who worked at Haandi Indian Restaurant in Falls Church for nine years, does to shrimp is interesting."

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 17.43.04.pngScreenshot 2020-05-16 at 17.43.11.png

• Like 1