Foam

I haven't eaten it - only seen it. And honestly, it looks frightfully unappealing. Those of you who have dogs who have ever eaten anything they shouldn't will surely see a vague resemblance to foam/mist/froth whatever you want to call it - that now sits atop many an otherwise visually pleasant dish.

So...does it REALLY taste good enough to succesfully banish the unsightly memories from my mind? (Ericandblueboy - hope you don't mind I used one of the pix you took as an example of the use of foam on food...)

post-4042-124728243738_thumb.jpg

Especially when used sparingly, foams can have an unfortunate resemblance to a gob of spit. The do, however, have a lightnness and texture that works well with a lot of dishes, and are worth getting past one's initial aversion and enjoying. If you can drink that last quarter inch in a bottle of beer, you can eat foam.

I JUST finished a post about my lunch today. It was very, very good but there was a huge foam mess on the fish. To me, it was tasteless (maybe slightly lime flavored) and did not look appetizing which is odd given how beautifully plated the food was otherwise.

I JUST finished a post about my lunch today. It was very, very good but there was a huge foam mess on the fish. To me, it was tasteless (maybe slightly lime flavored) and did not look appetizing which is odd given how beautifully plated the food was otherwise.

Where did you eat?