Lemon Sticks- a large chalky peppermint stick, 1/2 lemon- jam the stick in the center and suck the minty sour goodness until your hands are all sticky.
I think this kind of ghetto treat is a Baltimore original (anyone?) like Berger cookies. I remember spring fairs in elementary school when we used to look forward to these treats.
My cousin was visiting Harborplace and we found a lemonade stand that sold them. The staff at first were surprised that it was being ordered, but they dug up the peppermint (probably years old) and made them for us.
pics

Lemon Sticks- a large chalky peppermint stick, 1/2 lemon- jam the stick in the center and suck the minty sour goodness until your hands are all sticky.

I think this kind of ghetto treat is a Baltimore original (anyone?) like Berger cookies. I remember spring fairs in elementary school when we used to look forward to these treats.

My cousin was visiting Harborplace and we found a lemonade stand that sold them. The staff at first were surprised that it was being ordered, but they dug up the peppermint (probably years old) and made them for us.

pics

I remember those from Philly in the 70s as well, though it was a lemon stick, not peppermint.

ETA: origins of the treat and the Philly variant here.

• Like 1