Lunch in Front Royal Sunday

Rhone1998

There will be an old-fashioned frozen-custard stand on your right (heading from I-66 West, down Route 211 towards Skyline). It's nothing fancy, but it's a nice little classic place with good milkshakes - I can't remember the name, but it's sitting right on the street and you can't miss it.

There will be an old-fashioned frozen-custard stand on your right (heading from I-66 West, down Route 211 towards Skyline). It's nothing fancy, but it's a nice little classic place with good milkshakes - I can't remember the name, but it's sitting right on the street and you can't miss it.

We stopped by B&L Kustard, but alas, it was not open. Didn't look like it was closed for the season, more likely just closed Sundays, though I didn't see a sign.

We wound up eating lunch at The Knotty Pine Restaurant and Lounge, which is basically a little diner right on that same main road. I can't say I can particularly recommend the place, but the pancakes, eggs, and scrapple were...well...pancakes, eggs, and scrapple. Hard to really mess those up.

Several people sitting nearby were taking advantage of their last few weeks of freedom to smoke in restaurants. :(