Baltimore Restaurant Week: Aug. 13-22, 2010

baltrestweek.gif

Just wanted to remind everyone that Baltimore's Winter Restaurant Week kicks off this weekend! The event will last 16 days, running from Jan. 22 through Feb. 7.

Here's the deal this year:

• 3-Course Dinner - $35.10
  • 3-Course Lunch - $20.10

There's also reduced parking rates, special events, and other deals & discounts.

You can go to www.BaltimoreRestaurantWeek.com for more details, and to see a full list of 90+ participating Baltimore-area restaurants.

Now that DC's restaurant week is over, maybe a short drive up 95 is in order? :angry:

A lot of Balt restaurants have extended Restaurant Week becauae of the snow. This year I have been to:

Pazo: outstanding R week menu for two: a lot of varied tapas (their choice, but we liked / loved everything), butternut squash soup with pepitas, a small version of an entree (your choice from steak, salmon and an eggplant pasta concoction) then a shared dessert, choice of cupcakes with salted caramel or Crema Catalan. We both chosed the smoked beef entree, shareds the three small cupcakes.

Crush: Good value 3 course lunch for $20.10, with multiple choices. My salad had mucho crabmeat, dessert had a deeply flavored caramel

Louisiana: a bust. Dispirited atmosphere; nobody in charge of the dining room, and it showed; some food overcooked; bread pudding the first I have ever left unfinished

Last yoar went to the Red Maple, but had a bad time, both food and non-existant service