Laid Back and Delicious in Ballcourtendslyn

DanCole42

Heading out with my bestie tonight. We were going to hit up the bar at Vidalia, which is perfect for me because it's not packed, you can relax and spend hours there drinking and eating and people watching on a couch, the food is delicious, and I know the staff. However, due to some circumstances, we find ourselves on the other side of the river.

What would I like in the Ballston-Clarendon-Courthouse-Rosslyn corridor?

American Flatbread: Clarendon would have been perfect, but... alas!

I thought about Lyon Hall given my recent hankering, but it seems noisy and crowded.

What do you think? Relaxing, lounge-y atmosphere, good drinks, great food, no pressure?

We've enjoyed cocktailing in the downstairs bar at Eventide or just a glass of wine and a couple small plates at the bar in Tallulah, which overlooks the kitchen which is a fun show (not EatBar adjacent which is a bit of a zoo). Screwtop winebar is hectic but a fun and friendly kind've hectic.

Heading out with my bestie tonight. We were going to hit up the bar at Vidalia, which is perfect for me because it's not packed, you can relax and spend hours there drinking and eating and people watching on a couch, the food is delicious, and I know the staff. However, due to some circumstances, we find ourselves on the other side of the river.

What would I like in the Ballston-Clarendon-Courthouse-Rosslyn corridor?

American Flatbread: Clarendon would have been perfect, but... alas!

I thought about Lyon Hall given my recent hankering, but it seems noisy and crowded.

What do you think? Relaxing, lounge-y atmosphere, good drinks, great food, no pressure?

Heading out with my bestie tonight. We were going to hit up the bar at Vidalia, which is perfect for me because it's not packed

FWIW, it's been packed now that they have the new happy hour.

My experiences with Lyon Hall have not been relaxing (the bar is also a mob scene, at least on Friday and Saturday nights). What about Rustico Ballston? Or Liberty Tavern, Eventide, or Northside Social?

For a less crowded place Thursday night good bets are Eventide, Northside Social (more casual wine and beer only), and Willow. Liberty Tavern, Lyon Hall and Rustico are usually mobbed Wed-Sat...but its raining, so they might actually be pleasant tonight.

I don't know about the food, but you have Mad Rose Tavern and Circa (Circa's food wasn't too bad) too at Clarendon.

I personally like to chill at Hard Times every now and again, but since the Delhi Club at Clarendon is benefiting F&F tonight, I would send you there.