Pho Aura, Westfields Boulevard in Chantilly

Surprise! The Virginia Sign of the Whale has closed, and has been replaced by New Season which opened on October 10th. In early 2009, I believe Paya Thai offered the area's first induction "hot pot," and New Season is now the first I know of under Vietnamese ownership.

Pho Aura in Chantilly also offers Vietnamese hotpot. I haven't tried it.

Pho Aura in Chantilly also offers Vietnamese hotpot. I haven't tried it.

Jake are you sure about this? I couldn't find any mention of it on their website, but they apparently do serve dishes in a "hot clay pot" which as you know isn't the same.

(Incidentally the coupon on their website expired many months ago. More annoyingly, I tried to tell them this via their "Contact Us" section, and when I'd filled in the form and clicked "Send" I got a Not Found error - grrrr.)

The last (food) page of the (regular) menu lists the extensive hotpot options. I wonder if they always have them in stock.

I've never seen their website.

I eat here about once a week, though almost always from the "Lunch Xpress" menu, which offers 1 "tapa" (single roll of various sorts, or a small papaya salad), plus pho, clay pot rice, a few other things, all for about $8. And it's good pho. Aura and Pho 98 are IMHO the best bowls in the Centreville/Chantilly area (Viet Crystal and Pho Duong next level down, Pho Bistro and Pho Bac bringing up the rear).

The last (food) page of the (regular) menu lists the extensive hotpot options. I wonder if they always have them in stock.

If they have the expensive hotpot tables in place, I can't imagine why they wouldn't - do you know if they're using induction heating?