Reston Lunch for Two

darkstar965

I know there are a ton of restaurants in Reston (Town Center and otherwise) but is there really nothing worthwhile besides PassionFish?

Dining guide has a greek place called Mykonos listed as #2 after PassionFish but there's been no post on that in five years.

Jackson's fine food is listed at #4 but I've found that to be very mediocre chain-style food.

Anything else nearby? Doesn't have to be high end like PassionFish (though can be). Just something suitable for a business lunch with decent fare

OK, I have had many business lunches in the area.

As far as the Disney-esque Reston Town Center is concerned, there is only PassionFish and then there are the chains. However, if your business colleagues are not interested in food quality and the expense account picks up the tab, then Morton's and McCormick and Schmick provide overpriced and mediocre fare in a faux-sophisticated setting. You can't go wrong with PassionFish -- it's the best restaurant in the Reston Town Center and the best seafood restaurant in northern Virginia. The rest -- Clyde's, Jackson's, Mon Ami Gabi and M&S Grill, are simply too loud for a business discussion, and the food is bad too. At Jackson's, you would need to rinse your food in water so as to not destroy your kidneys from the excess salt.

Over in Herndon, in the center of town, there's Zeffirelli's. It's the best Italian food you'll find in the general area, and you can talk business without screaming.

A real hidden gem is El Manantial off Wiehle on North Shore Drive. If your boss is a foodie and he put you in charge of picking a restaurant in Reston, you would get a promotion if you ate here.

http://www.elmanantialrestaurant.com/

OK, I have had many business lunches in the area.

As far as the Disney-esque Reston Town Center is concerned, there is only PassionFish and then there are the chains. However, if your business colleagues are not interested in food quality and the expense account picks up the tab, then Morton's and McCormick and Schmick provide overpriced and mediocre fare in a faux-sophisticated setting. You can't go wrong with PassionFish -- it's the best restaurant in the Reston Town Center and the best seafood restaurant in northern Virginia. The rest -- Clyde's, Jackson's, Mon Ami Gabi and M&S Grill, are simply too loud for a business discussion, and the food is bad too. At Jackson's, you would need to rinse your food in water so as to not destroy your kidneys from the excess salt.

Over in Herndon, in the center of town, there's Zeffirelli's. It's the best Italian food you'll find in the general area, and you can talk business without screaming.

A real hidden gem is El Manantial off Wiehle on North Shore Drive. If your boss is a foodie and he put you in charge of picking a restaurant in Reston, you would get a promotion if you ate here.

http://www.elmanantialrestaurant.com/

On your RTC comments above: yes, yes, yes!!! Exactly--in substance and tone. Extra point for humor. This all bodes well, I thought, as I continued to read.

On the Zeff and El Man reccs, great stuff. One of these two will do the trick perfectly. Maybe El Manantial since anyplace that'd ensure a promotion even if I'm not dining with a boss must be magical. Love it--thank you!