Breakfast Near MontCo Fairgrounds

jandres374

What time?

If it's 11 or later you're looking, how about dim sum at New Fortune? 2 minutes away, and the best dim sum in the Metro area. The Golden Bull is walking distance from the fair, and they do Sunday brunch, but also starting at 11am.

There's a Holiday Inn around the corner with a restaurant, a Panera, IHOP, Old Country Buffet, and a Starbucks, of course.

If you don't mind getting on 270 and going 10 miles south to Rockville/Potomac, I cannot recommend Brooklyn's Deli highly enough. Best corned beef hash you will ever have.

Note that all of the web presence I can find only has the address of the original (closed) location - the actual address is 1089 Seven Locks Rd.

My mom, who grew up in Brooklyn, and now lives in South Florida (where there is also good deli), asks to go there for the corned beef hash when she comes to visit. With the eggs cooked over easy oozing on top, and homemade rye toast, it's the best breakfast around. The secret is out - whenever I go there, there's an order on almost every table, even at dinner time.

There's a Holiday Inn around the corner with a restaurant, a Panera, IHOP, Old Country Buffet, and a Starbucks, of course.

While at the fairgrounds, I'd hit the Village Green restaurant by the south fairgrounds entrance. It is next to the Jiffy Lube. It is a greasy spoon / dive kind of place. I've always liked their greek omlettes. Breakfast is their specialty; it is not the place for light fare or high cuisine. But if the Deli was a top choice anyway and you don't want to trek around, I'd go here and look past the dirty floor.

Ended up at Brooklyn's Deli, we had been a few times for lunch but this was our first trip for breakfast. Arrived around 10:15 or so and found it to be crowded but were able to get a table after about a 5 min wait. I should have known to expect problems when the table next to us was yelling at the waitress that they had been waiting over 30 minutes for their food. Our waitress finally arrived after a 10 min wait and told us to expect things to be slow.

The food was all great: corned beef hash platter, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, bagels, etc. The service was just a disaster. I know its a deli and I don't expect perfect service but it was out of control. Asked for bowl of pickles 4 times from 3 different people - never arrived. Syrup for pancakes finally arrived 10 minutes after pancakes. Sausage arrived after we were all finished eating. Hash platter arrived with only 1 egg instead of 2. Drink refills were non existent. Our waitress laughed it off and said she was having a bad day. We never had any problems the times we ate there during lunch so I will chalk it up to a bad day on the service end but will be back for the food.