We Lived to Serve, We Served to Live

Pat

The Stranger has an excellent collection of stories from its employees who have worked in food service.. I think my favorite was from the employee at the Borders Cafe (or maybe I'm just sad over the loss of Borders...). The Cheesecake Factory one is very well-written, and I also enjoyed the Hitler Cowboy piece. Really, all of them are worth reading. Oh, and Dan Savage's story is great, too.

The Stranger has an excellent collection of stories from its employees who have worked in food service.. I think my favorite was from the employee at the Borders Cafe (or maybe I'm just sad over the loss of Borders...). The Cheesecake Factory one is very well-written, and I also enjoyed the Hitler Cowboy piece. Really, all of them are worth reading. Oh, and Dan Savage's story is great, too.

Thanks for posting this, Pat. Somebody on this board needs to get Dame Edna drunk enough to start telling stories about being a waiter in Myrtle Beach. (Even I, I'm sure, haven't heard them all). At least I have figured out why the staff at Corduroy always seems soooo happy to see us arrive--no stupid questions, no ridiculous requests, oh, and we are great tippers there. :mellow:

Thanks for posting this, Pat. Somebody on this board needs to get Dame Edna drunk enough to start telling stories about being a waiter in Myrtle Beach. (Even I, I'm sure, haven't heard them all). At least I have figured out why the staff at Corduroy always seems soooo happy to see us arrive--no stupid questions, no ridiculous requests, oh, and we are great tippers there. :mellow:

From the admittedly little amount of time I've spent with Dame Edna (all at picnics), I would LOVE to hear the stories. I'll provide the requisite booze.

not only that but you are truly great and lovely couple.