Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

DanCole42

My wife is not a picky eater, but she does have one particular requirement for proper chocolate chip ice cream: the chips must be actual chips. That is: round bottom, pointed top, and maybe 3/16" in size. Not chopped up bits of chocolate, not square chunks, not tiny dots of chocolate, but actual someone-mixed-a-bag-of-Nestle-semi-sweet-into-vanilla-ice-cream CHIPS.

What are some places in the area that do it right?

The only place we've found is a shop off of Black Horse Pike in New Jersey on the way to Atlantic City.

Dan, looking at the photo of the Hilltop Creamery, it looks like a frozen custard stand. Is it? Or ice cream? I would actually suggest Neilson's on Church street in Vienna for a concrete with chocolate chips. Serious. I'd put Neilson's up against Ted Drewes, only a step behind Milwaukee's Kopp's. It is that good. Actually, their concrete is better than Ted Drewes...

Dan, looking at the photo of the Hilltop Creamery, it looks like a frozen custard stand. Is it? Or ice cream? I would actually suggest Neilson's on Church street in Vienna for a concrete with chocolate chips. Serious. I'd put Neilson's up against Ted Drewes, only a step behind Milwaukee's Kopp's. It is that good. Actually, their concrete is better than Ted Drewes...

Nah, it's ice cream. I'm really just after the chocolate chips.