8 Scariest Restaurant Meals on Yahoo Health

jayandstacey

Very enlightening, thanks for posting the link, but I have to take issue with this:

"Frying anything is a bad idea, but frying fish is a debasement of one of nature's purest foods. Why ruin what could be a protein-packed, muscle-building meal by sticking it in a vat of bubbling oil?"

...um, because if done right it can be one of the tastiest foods on the planet? Ferhat, what do you think? :lol:

Pretty stomach turning stats.

That said, I really HATE these sorts of "Eat This / Don't Eat That" articles (and books). Is anyone surprised that something called "Simple & Fit Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelet" is better for you than something called "IHOP Big Country Breakfast with Country Fried Steak and Country Gravy"? Hell that one uses the word "country" three times in the name of the dish. Or that "The Cheesecake Factory Chicken and Biscuits" has more fat, carbs and calories than "Weight Management Spicy Chicken Salad".

Or is it just that despite being obese myself my whole life I have always been aware of what is good and bad for me?

That said, I really HATE these sorts of "Eat This / Don't Eat That" articles (and books). Is anyone surprised that something called "Simple & Fit Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelet" is better for you than something called "IHOP Big Country Breakfast with Country Fried Steak and Country Gravy"? Hell that one uses the word "country" three times in the name of the dish. Or that "The Cheesecake Factory Chicken and Biscuits" has more fat, carbs and calories than "Weight Management Spicy Chicken Salad".

Or is it just that despite being obese myself my whole life I have always been aware of what is good and bad for me?

Fair enough, but on the other hand I would not have guessed from the name that "Bistro Shrimp Pasta" (which sounds like it could be a reasonable choice) has 2,700 calories, 78 grams of fat, and 900 mg sodium.

Not only do I hate "Eat This / Don't Eat That" articles, I also hate the "Top 10 blah-blah-blah," with one blah per page, and you have to click through all 10 - it's an annoying and cheap way to get hits on your website. This represents the worst of both worlds (preachy, diet stuff combined with lazy, multi-click journalism).

People are like, "don't be a hater" ... fuck that. I hate everything and everybody.

Very enlightening, thanks for posting the link, but I have to take issue with this:

"Frying anything is a bad idea, but frying fish is a debasement of one of nature's purest foods. Why ruin what could be a protein-packed, muscle-building meal by sticking it in a vat of bubbling oil?"

...um, because if done right it can be one of the tastiest foods on the planet? Ferhat, what do you think? :lol:

I got in to frying because of those fish i ate in my childhood, possibly fried in motor oil. :blink: