Del Ray Pop-up Restaurant with Will Artley - One Week Only!

JuneBacon

http://delray.patch.com/articles/chef-announces-pop-up-restaurant-dates#comments_list

http://dc.eater.com/archives/2012/01/23/chef-will-artley-announces-project-2312-popup.php

Reservation lines are open. The restaurant will run from Jan 30th-Feb 6th having two seatings ever night at 6pm and 8pm. It will be located at 2312 Mt Vernon Ave in Alexandria, in the soon-to-be opened sushi restaurant from Bill Blackburn and Mango Mike Anderson.

The menu will be a la carte with 4-5 cold appetizers, 4-5 hot appetizers and 5-6 entree options all based off of Artley's favorite blast-from-the-past dishes. They'll also have some craft cocktails, a few wine selections and Port City beer.

OMG! Will Artley at his primo best. Amazing beet cannoli...that's right, cannoli. A medlley of tastes all complementary, all good. A deconstructed Cobb salad that's better than the original..and duck and beef and .....if you missed this...well, too bad. You've missed a dining experience that was amazing. Thank you Will and Brian and all the alumni and alumnae that I hadn't seen in a while who really know how to make a customer feel like family.

OMG! Will Artley at his primo best. Amazing beet cannoli...that's right, cannoli. A medlley of tastes all complementary, all good. A deconstructed Cobb salad that's better than the original.

How was the plating? :D

I was behind the (side) bar plating the cold apps all night w/ Travis. Glad you liked those two !! Of course the dish wouldn't have been anything w/out Will's genious.

How was the plating? :D

I was behind the (side) bar plating the cold apps all night w/ Travis. Glad you liked those two !! Of course the dish wouldn't have been anything w/out Will's genious.

I was watching the two of you all the time we were there. Typical Chef Will care. Everything just right. You guys were great (and fun to watch).

Had a lovely meal on Tuesday night in which I had the good fortune of tasting the squid (with chorizo puree and vegetable salad), the beet cannolli (alone worth the price of admission), the Rockfish, the Duck (special gold star for the parsnip puree and the shaved sprouts) and of course the cookies and milk to close. Nice chat with Chef Artley who was extremely gracious and friendly (and seems quite excited (while observing proper confidentiality) about his appearance on Chopped, which has not yet aired). Service was relaxed yet prompt and attentive. OH, almost forgot my chocolate chili cocktail (forget the formal name)- -VERY tasty- -clear as water yet full of nicely balanced sweetness and heat! Thanks so much to Chef for fitting us in- -can't wait to see what he brings us next!