White Apron Specialty Sandwiches - 11th and E Downtown

The signage had been up for months, and White Apron Specialty Sandwiches is up and running.

Can't really find any info on who is behind the place and their website is useless right now. But they appear to be making straight forward (classic and signature!) sandwiches with the aim for high quality. Looks like all sandwiches run $8.18.

Inside looked bright, white and airy, with a long kitchen/ordering counter in the back of the store. Tables in the front.

Located on 11th Street at E. Right near Elisir. Hopefully this will be an interesting addition to the work week.

well, I made my one and only trip to White Apron.

Ordered the turkey club. You could make your own version using product from Giant or Safeway for half the price.

Two slices of average turkey deli meat. thin slices of sad looking tomatoes (ok, out of season), a handful of chopped romaine lettuce, mayo, a sprinkle of black pepper, and bacon vinaigrette (which has a weird sweetness to it). No cheese (what kind of club has no cheese?). The saddest part was the bread. All sandwiches are served on a pale, institutional looking "baguette". Honestly I've seen the same kind of sad, pale baguettes at Giant.

I will give them credit for making all their prices add up to whole dollar amounts...leave your spare change at home.

$10 for the turkey "club" and a bag of Cape Cod brand chips.

Potbelly makes a better sandwich and I would have saved myself a two block walk and a couple bucks.

Sorry for polluting DR.com with this thread. <_<