The Book and The Cook, Restaurant-Author Dining Collaborations - Closed

Philly has a really cool event every year: "The Book and the Cook", where a cookbook author pairs up with a local restaurant to serve a dinner of dishes from their book. A couple years ago I went to a Paula Wolfert one with some friends. The meal was incredible and Ms. Wolfert was a wonderful host-- checking up on everyone frequently to see how they were enjoying things. This year's schedule is here. Wolfert is back again for her new book, there's a bunch of other big names (Rick Bayless, Cat Cora, etc.) and a couple of Washingtonians are doing events (Roberto Donna and Robert Wolke). I'm really tempted by the Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid one.

Philly has a really cool event every year: "The Book and the Cook", where a cookbook author pairs up with a local restaurant to serve a dinner of dishes from their book. A couple years ago I went to a Paula Wolfert one with some friends. The meal was incredible and Ms. Wolfert was a wonderful host-- checking up on everyone frequently to see how they were enjoying things. This year's schedule is here. Wolfert is back again for her new book, there's a bunch of other big names (Rick Bayless, Cat Cora, etc.) and a couple of Washingtonians are doing events (Roberto Donna and Robert Wolke). I'm really tempted by the Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid one.

This Chowhound thread details the cessation of The Book and The Cook.